Re: [opensuse-project] openSUSE Board election 2019-2020 - Final candidates list
Election candidates, et al,

Happy Chinese New Year from Hong Kong!

Firstly let me thank the candidates for stepping forward as well as the
other election officials especially, Ish and Edwin for their hard work
in getting this process so far.

As an openSUSE old timer, yet probably one of the newest members of
openSUSE. I have a question for the the election candidates albeit
extremely 11th hour, which I believe is extremely pertinent to the
future of openSUSE. For some years I saw openSUSE fall down the rankings
as well as as experienced some lag in the update cycles relative to
other distros. I put this down to SUSE being passed from pillar to post
for over a decade. Recently though openSUSE has really got its "mojo"
back and is on fire! I've had a number of projects recently which I
think would have been extremely difficult to execute with any other
distribution.

But here's the thing, the future relies on getting new blood involved.
My recent experience in trying to get involved in the project by
understand the workings of the organisation has been a long and
relatively painful process. So much so that I failed in my commitment to
the other election officials. I do not want to detract from any of the
contribution of any of the volunteers, as I know no from other projects
I'm involved in the commitment it takes.

I would like to know the candidates views on making it easier for those
that want to participate, especially non coders, to do so, and how they
propose to do it.

From reading the mailing lists, I can see that this has been touched on
on and talked about quite a bit. I feel it needs to be moved up the
priority list. Not being one to make comment if I'm unable to contribute
I'm happy to volunteer in this effort regardless of election outcome.

Cheers,
Ariez