Re: [opensuse-project] openSUSE Board election 2019-2020 - Final candidates list
Hello,

Am Freitag, 24. Januar 2020, 13:12:57 CET schrieb Richard Brown:
On 24. Jan 2020, at 12:51, Sarah Julia Kriesch wrote:
I know that you have received ssh access for Provo as our Chairman
in the past. Do you want to volunteer for us in Provo, if that was
fun for you? ;)
I do not, and have never received ssh access for any infrastructure in
Provo.

Richard, are you really sure about that?

Nearly 3 years ago, you escalated the problems with MF-IT, and as part
of that, asked for root access for some services hosted in Provo (wikis,
www.o.o, lizards and news) so that we don't always have to wait for /
rely on MF-IT.

IIRC (and I'm 99.9% sure) they gave _you and a SUSE admin_ root access.
You probably never used that root access yourself [1], but nevertheless:
AFAIK you indeed got root access to those servers in Provo back then.

For completeness: The "99.9% sure" is completely based on my own
/dev/brain, and I also found an old IRC log[2] that agrees with my
brain. I'm sorry to say that, but that also means that your statement is
wrong, and Sarah is right.

Regards,

Christian Boltz

PS: Having to escalate stuff to MF-IT didn't end yet - Gerald "enjoys"
to continue this, well, tradition...

[1] not too surprising, and not meant in a negative way - getting
mysqldumps and similar admin tasks are not a chairman's job, and you
already had to waste^Wspend lots of time to escalate this and to get
root access on these servers.

[2] from end of March 2017

--
Error: File not found -- search behind couch? (Y/N)