Re: [opensuse-project] >avg developer friendliness?
  • From: Axel Braun <axel.braun@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Dec 2019 18:29:07 +0100
Am Donnerstag, 19. Dezember 2019, 09:50:05 CET schrieb Felix Miata:
ISTR discussion somewhere that openSUSE has copious software developers as
users.

https://dict.leo.org/englisch-deutsch/istr
International Society for Third Sector Research [Abk.: ISTR] [ADMIN.]

Not sure I understand the beginning of the sentence. Massive abuse of
infrequent TLA is not supporting fluent communication....

Is this documented anywhere, maybe with statistics, and reasons why?

I guess this is more about personal preferences and history. I can at least
confirm the switch of one capable developer from Arch to TW, because TW 'just
works', and he loves the KDE preset.

Since I don't code anything, I don't have a clue what might create favor,
unless it has to do with openSUSE's BS and/or QA systems. I first tried it
for several reasons, among which German heritage, KDE3, YaST2, and
understandable network installation instructions for 8.0.

Just my personal and very biased view: Have tried nearly all distros and
always returned to openSUSE, as it is
- easy to install
- easy to administer (YaST!)
- supports KDE out of the box
- openQA testing (specially for TW)
- friendly community
- OBS. If you have ever tried to compile software just for different flavours
of a distro, you know the PITA around it. OBS makes it unmatched simple!
- and probably some more if I think about it

Have a great xmas and a happy new year!
Axel