Re: [opensuse-project] Connect platform is broken

On 22/12/2019 20.01, Christian Boltz wrote:
Hello,

Am Sonntag, 22. Dezember 2019, 02:35:38 CET schrieb Carlos E. R.:
The connect platform is broken, for few days. admin - tickets
#61641,

The menus do not work, the panels have disappeared. I believe
this platform is used by the candidates.

You know I'm one of the two admins that clean up the spam, but
beyond that I can do no maintenance of the platform. Neither
access nor knowledge.

The problem is not progress.o.o itsself (which works fine), but
several other websites. The most noticable one is
static.opensuse.org which serves all the styling (CSS, common
images, JS, fonts) for several *.o.o websites. If static.o.o is
down, progress, the wikis, ... will look, well, unstyled ;-)

The problem also affects some other services (planet.o.o,
fontinfo.o.o etc.) - basically everything with CNAME proxy.o.o in
its DNS entry.

For static.o.o, I implemented a workaround today - you can find
some technical details on the heroes mailinglist. If really needed,
that workaround would also work for other services, but I'd prefer
to get the issue fixed instead of adding more workarounds ;-)

Yes, the workaround works on connect. But of course, that is not the
real solution.

Reported: <https://progress.opensuse.org/issues/61641>

(I have no permission to see my own ticket, too)

You didn't use the mail address you use in your openSUSE account -
which makes it hard to recognize you by username when you login
;-)

AH!! :-o

I understand. I'll try to remember next time ;-)

(although one redirects to the other, but of course the site can not
know that)

I just made the ticket public.

Thanks :-)

- --