On Thu 2019-10-24, Stasiek Michalski wrote:
Nobody should need to care, why we have a name that causes us
this amount of branding trouble is a mystery to me though.

That would be an easier and stronger argument if we could turn
back time (paraphrasing Cher).

Given where we are today, I'll argue that losing an established
brand emotionally, practically (think search engines, shirts, and
loads of other aspects), and recognition-wise is not an evidently
clear win.

And that does not even take all the work that Henne pointed out
into account, nor the boatloads of money required (which we do
not have funding for from all I can tell).

Personally, I care a lot about branding (GCC vs gcc or SUSE vs
SuSE or lately openSUSE vs OpenSuse being pet peeves of mine),
but it's also a question of where to lean: pragma or dogma.

Gerald