Am 24.10.19 um 15:22 schrieb Stasiek Michalski:

On Thu, Oct 24, 2019 at 3:20 PM, Stefan Seyfried
<stefan.seyfried@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Am 24.10.19 um 13:28 schrieb Vinzenz Vietzke:
 Hi,

 The wide masses did not care for the lowercase O for years now. And they
 won't care it's successor. Plus: changing the O still leaves us with
 "OpenSuSe", "OpenSuse" and "Open Suse" - or even "Open S.u.S.e".

 Following that I want to give you a very recent example.

 German "Linux Magazin" covered the name change voting today and mention the
 wrong spelling issues as well;
 =>
https://www.linux-magazin.de/news/opensuse-stellt-namenswechsel-zur-wahl/

 (German: "Außerdem werde der Namen oft falsch geschrieben." = English: "In
 addition, the name is often misspelled.")

I talked to a well known heise news author about the issue and he told me:

"you know what? We just don't care anymore. We write OpenSUSE and be done.
Who knows when they'll change the spelling
again. It's not like our readers would not understand what we are writing
about"

I can relate to this somehow.

This has been the only spelling since 2005. SUSE did change their spelling
multiple times tho, I feel we got confused
again ;)

S.u.S.E Linux
SUSE Linux
openSUSE Linux (?)
openSUSE

This guy I mentioned is around since S.u.S.E. times. For him the spelling
changes all the time. He does no longer care.
I can understand that.
--
Stefan Seyfried