Am 24.10.19 um 13:28 schrieb Vinzenz Vietzke:
Hi,

The wide masses did not care for the lowercase O for years now. And they
won't care it's successor. Plus: changing the O still leaves us with
"OpenSuSe", "OpenSuse" and "Open Suse" - or even "Open S.u.S.e".

Following that I want to give you a very recent example.

German "Linux Magazin" covered the name change voting today and mention the
wrong spelling issues as well;
=> https://www.linux-magazin.de/news/opensuse-stellt-namenswechsel-zur-wahl/

(German: "Au├čerdem werde der Namen oft falsch geschrieben." = English: "In
addition, the name is often misspelled.")

I talked to a well known heise news author about the issue and he told me:

"you know what? We just don't care anymore. We write OpenSUSE and be done. Who
knows when they'll change the spelling
again. It's not like our readers would not understand what we are writing about"

I can relate to this somehow.

I don't want to blame or shame them anyhow. It just emphasizes the spelling
problems "openSUSE" has and will have in the future without changing the name.
The problem is, we cannot change the name every time someone misspells it ;-)

How about this: we just don't make a big fuzz about it and go on with more
important things?
--
Stefan Seyfried