  • From: Vinzenz Vietzke <vinz@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2019 13:28:55 +0200
Hi,

The wide masses did not care for the lowercase O for years now. And they
won't care it's successor. Plus: changing the O still leaves us with
"OpenSuSe", "OpenSuse" and "Open Suse" - or even "Open S.u.S.e".

Following that I want to give you a very recent example.

German "Linux Magazin" covered the name change voting today and mention the
wrong spelling issues as well;
=> https://www.linux-magazin.de/news/opensuse-stellt-namenswechsel-zur-wahl/

(German: "Au├čerdem werde der Namen oft falsch geschrieben." = English: "In
addition, the name is often misspelled.")

Being around for 25 years now one would expect them to know openSUSE. And yet
they make the mistake themselves - in the very same article! Having a logo
image with correct spelling right beside the text!!
=> https://i.imgur.com/oAogMfH.png

I don't want to blame or shame them anyhow. It just emphasizes the spelling
problems "openSUSE" has and will have in the future without changing the name.

Regards,
vinz.
< Previous Next >