Re: [opensuse-project] [netiquette] efficient quoting of replies
  • From: Knurpht-openSUSE <knurpht@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2019 22:36:49 +0200
Op zaterdag 19 oktober 2019 22:16:29 CEST schreef Adam Mizerski:
W dniu 19.10.2019 o 21:55, Adam Spiers pisze:
Please can *everyone*[1] trim unnecessary quoted text from their
replies? It's tiring to have to scroll through pages of old text
just to reach a one-line reply at the bottom. Thanks in advance!
There is a useful Thunderbird add-on QuoteCollapse
https://addons.thunderbird.net/thunderbird/addon/quotecollapse/

I'm not saying that your point is invalid though.
I've had some nasty experiences where this messed up quotes completely. Not
using TB myself but from some emails I had to review. In two cases private
info was left because it was between quotes ( at least that's what it looked
like ) where it should have been removed.
Any idea whether f.e. kMail or Evolution have such options?
--
Gertjan Lettink a.k.a. Knurpht
openSUSE Board Member