[opensuse-project] Re: openSUSE Project Name Change Vote
  • From: Jim Henderson <hendersj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2019 16:16:53 -0000 (UTC)
On Wed, 16 Oct 2019 07:59:48 +0200,
jdd@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

Le 16/10/2019 à 02:11, Jim Henderson a écrit :

The reason for not voting is important to capture, IMO. That's why an
abstention option is important.

if so why not a link to a survey:

I don't vote:

* because I dont like...
* I don't understant * I don't care ...

or a blank option

blnk mean just that: I want to vote, I come to the vote but I don't like
what is proposed...

Right. Which is different from "I can't be bothered to vote".

but here, it seems without signification: , because either you change
the name or you don't. If you don't like the way the ballot is made and
have it not done, the result is the same as if the answer is no change,
as in that situation the name remains unchanged...

I might want a change, depending on what we opt to change to. I would
like to see a high-level plan showing that if we opted to change, what
that would entail.

So my inclination would be to vote "abstain" (or "present", or
whatever)
until more information about how a change would be implemented were
made available.

so you want "no change now"...

No change until I have more information about what we potentially would
be changing to.

Jim
--
Jim Henderson