[opensuse-project] Re: [election-officials] Re: Re: openSUSE Project Name Change Vote
  • From: Jim Henderson <hendersj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2019 00:14:36 -0000 (UTC)
On Sat, 12 Oct 2019 16:28:42 +0400, Ish Sookun wrote:

Let's say we had accommodated the following:

Do we keep change the project name?

[ ] Yes [ ] No [ ] Abstain

Now, are we running a vote to understand the community's wish regarding
changing or keeping the project name, or are we running a survey about
how the community feels about changing the project name?

If you get a majority (or a significant minority) who vote "abstain", you
know that there is a significant portion of the membership who don't feel
the options presented are comprehensive enough.

That's an important distinction about why someone didn't vote.

--
Jim Henderson