Re: [opensuse-project] 2019-09-03 board meeting minutes
  • From: Knurpht-openSUSE <knurpht@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2019 19:39:57 +0200
Op zondag 22 september 2019 13:41:35 CEST schreef Christian Imhorst:
Hi all,

Am 22. September 2019 13:30:28 MESZ schrieb Christian Boltz
<opensuse@xxxxxxxxx>:
== Board-internal communication channels ==

The board is evaluating open source options to replace hangouts and the

whatsapp group.

That's a fantastic idea. Maybe you can checkout Riot.IM/Matrix for WhatsApp
and Nextcloud talks for hangouts?

Would like to here more on that and what's the results. :-)

Best regards
Christian
I've been investigating this, and both Matrix and Nextcloud work nicely up to
4 attendants max. Riot/Matrix use their own for one on one video calls, but
jitsi for conference calls, tested that and it's horrible, even with 4 people.
Nextcloud needs a separate signalling server if you want to go >4 attendants,
and the Talk app on phones only does the video calls/conferencing, not the
rest of the options ( chat, connecting to projects/docs etc ).
The only FOSS thing I haven't tested yet is Mattermost.

--
Gertjan Lettink a.k.a. Knurpht
openSUSE Board Member