Re: [opensuse-project] Re: openSUSE Project Name Change Vote
  • From: Adam Spiers <ASpiers@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2019 16:08:22 +0000
Simon Lees <sflees@xxxxxxx> wrote:
On 10/14/19 8:36 PM, Scott Bahling wrote:
On Sat, 2019-10-12 at 08:39 +0200, jdd@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
Le 11/10/2019 à 21:59, Jim Henderson a écrit :

Give us a clear choice between "keep things as they are" or a solid
proposal for what we should change *to*, not something nebulous that may
or may not be a better choice when we come to a second vote.

I proposed that from the beginning and it was rejected.

And give us an explicit "abstain" option. L A Walsh is correct - there
is a difference between not voting due to apathy and not voting because
we don't think the choices presented are good choices.

abstain is just that: no voting. Other choice is "blank vote".

and don't you think that people interested on the subject already read
this thread? and have had much enough explanations?

I have read this particular thread, but have not had time to read all of
the thread from the June "Project name and logo discussion" or other
threads on the topic of project name and foundation which perhaps has a
lot of background that I currently miss. Is there a consolidation of
proposals and propositions documented somewhere where we can educate
ourselves on the topic and where we can all point to as the current
facts?

I posted a summary at the start of this thread that should cover most
of the major issues
https://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-project/2019-09/msg00072.html

But how will people find this? If they are reading this thread then
they're already following the discussion. We need to reach people who
don't have time to wade through huge threads.

A web page (e.g. wiki) is *really* needed here. And it should be
linked from the voting page. Please don't expect people to dive into
mailing list archives to find information on important topics.

(P.S. Sorry for asking for things without offering to help but I really
don't have time right now.)