Re: [opensuse-project] openSUSE Project Name Change Vote
  • From: Adam Spiers <ASpiers@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2019 15:24:09 +0000
Ish Sookun <ish.sookun@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Lars,

On 10/11/19 5:48 PM, Lars Marowsky-Bree wrote:
So a day or two into the vote, we all agree the vote should have been
phrased better. And the consequences of the vote not being clear
enough.

Perhaps this is the time to abort and restart?

You still have till 31 October 2019 to change your vote if you wish
that. I mentioned in my last few emails that only the last vote counts.

Does re-starting the vote solve anything?

Yes, assuming the new vote is rephrased correctly. It would solve the
problem of people voting on a topic they don't fully understand, which
risks significantly damaging the community and the project.

It also solves the problem of people being able to explicitly abstain.