Re: [election-officials] Re: [opensuse-project] Re: openSUSE Project Name Change Vote
On Sat, 2019-10-12 at 16:28 +0400, Ish Sookun wrote:
Hi Patrick,

but it is not recorded and indiscernible from not voting. there is
difference from abstention and not voting and they are not
equal. one
would have to know the choice was made and not just failing to vote.

Let's say we had accommodated the following:

Do we keep change the project name?

[ ] Yes
[ ] No
[ ] Abstain

Now, are we running a vote to understand the community's wish regarding
changing or keeping the project name, or are we running a survey about
how the community feels about changing the project name?

With the wording I would argue we aren't doing either. That question
does not address the voter's wish. What about being more explicit and
remove some room for interpretation?:

Do you support... yes or no
Do you agree... yes or no
Do you wish... yes or no

Or like Gerald's approach:

[ ] I am in favor of (one side of the decision)

or

[ ] I am in favor of (other side of the decision)

When I see the current question my answer is "I don't know? Do we?"

-Scott
< Previous Next >