Re: [opensuse-project] openSUSE.Asia Summit Community Meeting Notes from 04.10.2019

On 10/8/19 9:40 PM, Henne Vogelsang wrote:
Hey,

On 07.10.19 17:25, Stasiek Michalski wrote:

OBS has extensive user documentation on https://openbuildservice.org,
however it doesn't cover packaging with the help of OBS, just usage of
OBS tooling by itself. Explaining the concepts of RPM/deb/Arch packaging
with the help of OBS in more detail would probably be a benefit to the
service.

We also "suffer" b it from the book/wiki split. There is lot's of
content in each that is missing from the other. Packaging is mostly
documented in the wiki.

I'd kinda consider packaging documentation as something different, Its not so much "End User" documentation and more "openSUSE Developer" documentation. I kinda think it makes sense to keep these two things cleanly separated, I think the ideal form for much of our developer guidelines such as systemd packaging guidelines or python packaging guidelines is the wiki because its quick and easy to bring in new processes as they change in tumbleweed. While im guessing most of our user doc's need to change less quickly.

--

Simon Lees (Simotek) http://simotek.net

SUSE Linux Adelaide Australia, UTC+10:30