Re: [opensuse-project] openSUSE Project Name Change Vote
  • From: Michal Kubecek <mkubecek@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2019 09:18:56 +0200
On Friday, 11 October 2019 9:10 Stasiek Michalski wrote:
On Fri, Oct 11, 2019 at 9:00 AM, Stephan Kulow <coolo@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Am 11.10.19 um 02:25 schrieb Simon Lees:
Well i'll disagree here, on one hand a clear "No Change" vote will

basically end the discussion and

will be something we can point to for years to come if someone was

to choose to bring up the issue

again. At the same time a clear "Change" vote will lead to the

development of a plan to slowly

Oh boy. I assume down under the Brexit story isn't told as often as
here, but this is *exactly*
the reasons given to have a vote in the UK. And guess what? It ended
51.9:48.1 - and the resulting
chaos dominates european news to the day.

In case of a close call like that, we will need to perform a name
vote, select a name that most people like and perform the vote again,
openSUSE vs the chosen name. It's only fair to present people with
concrete options if we know how dividing the vote got in the first
place.

Good thing disappointed openSUSE users are unlikely to fill squares with
"Rename means rename!" posters. :-)

Michal