Re: [opensuse-project] Election Committee Set to Open Vote on Project Name
Hey,

On 30.09.19 17:42, Vinzenz Vietzke wrote:

In my opinion it's a bit unreasonable to assume that something as
tedious as changing the name of something would suddenly spark a rise in
contributors. Why would it?

It's not just the renaming but the whole process of building a
(somewhat) new brand. That's why there is some possible interest.

Fair enough, you are right. Doesn't really change what I tried to
express though. I meant work for the existing contributors to the
existing parts of the project that would need to adopt to this new 'brand'.

Especially as the existing contributors are not even set up anymore to
onboard people.

I wish I would share your optimism. I don't.

Oh, you must have misinterpreted my writings. Speaking of the wiki, news
or general opensuse.org I have no optimism at all as I got a bloody nose
myself thanks to hardly any interest.

Yes, this is where a big portion of the work needs to happen for this to
bare any fruit at all.

Henne

--
Henne Vogelsang