Re: [opensuse-project] Project name change vote

On 9/20/19 9:13 PM, Adam Spiers wrote:
Gerald Pfeifer <gp@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tue 2019-09-17, Ish Sookun wrote:
Therefore, please make sure that your membership alias is forwarding
emails to the correct email address. If any change is required to your
email address you may contact heroes@xxxxxxxxxxxx to help you out.

As someone who could not participate in the last board election due
to e-mail configuration woes (when SUSE was being untangled from Micro
Focus with some traces of Novell infrastructure still in the game) I
can only second this and urge:

Please, please, do check that mail to your @opensuse.org addresses works!

Perhaps it's too late for this question to be relevant for this
upcoming vote, but: looking further into the future, is it really
necessary to require a @opensuse.org address for participation in
these kinds of procedures? It seems to me like an extra hurdle which
will just add more opportunities for things going wrong and hence less
participation.

I would suspect in any new membership system we create that we would just store username and prefered emailand then we really wont. But were at the point where bigger issues (connect itself) means the process needs to be completely redone so I don't think there is much point spending time trying to make a broken process a bit better when we are aiming to replace the process as a whole.

--

Simon Lees (Simotek) http://simotek.net

SUSE Linux Adelaide Australia, UTC+10:30