Re: [opensuse-project] New members procedure
  • From: Knurpht-openSUSE <knurpht@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2019 22:13:39 +0200
Op vrijdag 20 september 2019 22:08:46 CEST schreef jdd:
Le 20 septembre 2019 12:14:30 GMT+01:00, Vincent Untz <vuntz@xxxxxxxxxxxx> a
écrit :
Le vendredi 20 septembre 2019 à 20:29 +0930, Simon Lees a écrit :
On 9/20/19 8:13 PM, Carlos E. R. wrote:
On 20/09/2019 12.20, Simon Lees wrote:
At this stage modifying connect to do anything different,
especially given its using the same account system as all other
openSUSE infra is almost certainly harder then writing its
replacement.

The replacement has blocked, stopped.

Yep, and finding someone to work on connect would be even harder.

Carlos' suggestion from a few mails before was to simply move the
membership procedure outside of connect (he gave the example of a
restricted mailing list).

We've been through that discussion a few months ago, there are
solutions
to handle the list of members without connect and without building a
new
tool. Some of them require manual management, most of them are not
great, probably none of them are good for the long term. But I do
believe they're still better than the current state of things.

We do not have to stay with connect while we wait for people to step up
and find a good long-term solution.

Cheers,

Vincent

https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE_talk:Membership_officials

is the place to work.
since February, little have been done.
I keep thinking using "galette" is the best way, as this free software is
easy to use and do exactly what we need, that is managing subscribers. any
user can manage it's data.
the user test session is still working, and I'm pretty sure I can have a
free session for opensuse by a group that already gives one to my Linux
user group.

sent from Easdale island 😄, as I'm touring...
jdd, that would be awesome. A bit off-topic: Could this be installed/
implemented in the openSUSE infra?

--
Gertjan Lettink a.k.a. Knurpht
openSUSE Board Member