Re: [opensuse-project] New members procedure
Le vendredi 20 septembre 2019 à 20:29 +0930, Simon Lees a écrit :
On 9/20/19 8:13 PM, Carlos E. R. wrote:
On 20/09/2019 12.20, Simon Lees wrote:
At this stage modifying connect to do anything different,
especially given its using the same account system as all other
openSUSE infra is almost certainly harder then writing its
replacement.

The replacement has blocked, stopped.

Yep, and finding someone to work on connect would be even harder.

Carlos' suggestion from a few mails before was to simply move the
membership procedure outside of connect (he gave the example of a
restricted mailing list).

We've been through that discussion a few months ago, there are solutions
to handle the list of members without connect and without building a new
tool. Some of them require manual management, most of them are not
great, probably none of them are good for the long term. But I do
believe they're still better than the current state of things.

We do not have to stay with connect while we wait for people to step up
and find a good long-term solution.

Cheers,

Vincent

--