Re: [opensuse-project] Project name change vote
Hi all,

I am not an openSUSE member and therefore not eligible to vote. But nonetheless I would like to express my opinion here and encourage you to keep the existing and well-established name.

I have seen really big companies investing millions in campains to communicate a name change - and in my perception they still failed, and in the end they lost part of their visibility in the public. For openSUSE that would be a bitter setback.

The name openSUSE stands for an open, rock-solid, powerful and community driven distribution. This is a treasure that we must not risk recklessly.

Regards,
Martin Winter