Re: [opensuse-project] Project name change vote
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2019 14:38:08 +0200
Carlos E. R. wrote:

On 17/09/2019 13.49, Gerald Pfeifer wrote:
On Tue 2019-09-17, Ish Sookun wrote:
Therefore, please make sure that your membership alias is forwarding
emails to the correct email address. If any change is required to
your email address you may contact heroes@xxxxxxxxxxxx to help you
out.

As someone who could not participate in the last board election due
to e-mail configuration woes (when SUSE was being untangled from
Micro Focus with some traces of Novell infrastructure still in the
game) I can only second this and urge:

Please, please, do check that mail to your @opensuse.org addresses
works!

This is not possible in some cases without a real opensuse.org mail
server.

*Some* people have told me that they can not mail me at my
opensuse.org alias because it bounces at an intermediate step when it
fails some verification step (DMARC or SPF, I think).

This issue was officially reported years ago, ticket #4876

Carlos, for the purpose of this vote, it is irrelevant. Any
notification in this respect will no doubt be sent from an opensuse.org
address, which does not publish an SPF record. The problem mentioned
in https://progress.opensuse.org/issues/4876 applies only to mails
coming from domains which do publish an SPF record.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (22.6°C)
member, openSUSE Heroes.