  • From: Michal Kubecek <mkubecek@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2019 08:05:46 +0200
On Friday, 14 June 2019 22:46 Ronan Chagas wrote:
Hi LCP,

Em 14 de jun de 2019, ?(s) 13:57, Stasiek Michalski
<hellcp@xxxxxxxxxxxx> escreveu:

If we do require that openSUSE Tumbleweed, openSUSE Kubic, openSUSE
MicroOS and openSUSE Leap do have `openSUSE` always attached to it,
it will also get annoying fast.

What is the point? Isn?t this similar to the discussion about
GNU/Linux vs Linux?

I would rather say "Apache" vs. "The Apache http server" (or whatever
the official name is supposed to be) - except Apache Foundation doesn't
seem to be so jealous of its flagship project. With "GNU/Linux" it's
somene else who fighting the holy war for "proper name".

Come on, we _do_ want people to answer the question "Which distribution
are you using?" with "openSUSE". If we try to convince them to answer
"Leap" and if we succeed, the response will most likely be "Hm, never
heard about that one." Is it in our interest to pretend there are two
distributions, "Tumbleweed" and "Leap", rather than two flavors of one
"openSUSE"? Hell no, that's path to becoming one (two, actually) of the
hundreds (thousands?) nameless distributions for handful of people.

This is really getting out of hand... :-(

Michal Kubecek