On pią, cze 14, 2019 at 5:57 PM, Lars Marowsky-Bree <lmb@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 2019-06-14T08:38:30, Christian Imhorst <datenteiler@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

yes that's right. So first let's build the Geeko Foundation with a different
name than openSUSE but with new logos. And in a next step let's think about
to drop the name part openSUSE from the distros Leap, Tumbleweed etc.

I am not a fan of the direction of moving away from calling openSUSE,
well, openSUSE. Such a move would alienate me as both a user and
developer (miniscule my actual contributions in code to
Tumbleweed/Factory may be).

openSUSE Project does way more than distributions, calling distributions
openSUSE as more than a discriminator is an injustice to other software made
by the openSUSE Project. Obviously unless we start saying openSUSE before every
piece of software made by openSUSE:
* openSUSE Open Build Service
* openSUSE software.openSUSE.org
* openSUSE OSEM
* openSUSE Zypper
* openSUSE libZypp
* openSUSE Snapper
* openSUSE YaST
* openSUSE libstorage-ng
* openSUSE etc.
It just becomes a mouthful quick.

If we do require that Tumbleweed, Kubic, MicroOS and Leap do have `openSUSE`
always attached to it, it will also get annoying fast.

Let me repeat this sentence with that rule in place:

If we do require that openSUSE Tumbleweed, openSUSE Kubic, openSUSE MicroOS and
openSUSE Leap do have `openSUSE` always attached to it, it will also get
annoying fast.

Redundant, isn't it? Mention openSUSE once within one of the first sentences in
an article and you know what the article refers to anyway.

LCP [Stasiek]
https://lcp.world