Re: [opensuse-project] Re: Project name and logo discussion

On czw, cze 13, 2019 at 9:19 PM, Jim Henderson <hendersj@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Wed, 12 Jun 2019 11:28:25 +0200, Christian Imhorst wrote:

I am afraid that renaming openSUSE would not be like Fedeora vs. RedHat.
It would be more like OpenOffice vs. LibreOffice where many people are
confused and they don't know wich one to choose.

Why would it be more like OpenOffice vs. LibreOffice? If openSUSE
changed its name to something else, the openSUSE name would not be in
concurrent use with whatever came next.

The biggest issue with OpenOffice vs. LibreOffice is that the Apache has not
really given up all the hope for their OpenOffice, the brand exists and new
releases of OpenOffice still come out. This is significantly different from our
situation, where we would hope after some time openSUSE name would stop
existing entirely.

LCP [Stasiek]
https://lcp.world