  • From: Knurpht-openSUSE <knurpht@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 04 Jun 2019 15:24:21 +0200
Op dinsdag 4 juni 2019 15:18:18 CEST schreef S.:
On Tue, 04 Jun 2019 15:00:38 +0200 Knurpht-openSUSE <knurpht@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
This conclusion is not that strange,

Why would you feel the need to draw conclusions? When a project is dropped,
a formal announcement is made, and GeckoLinux has made no such
announcements.
considering the last rolling release being from July last year, and even
older: the testing and NEXT dirs on sourceforge.

What relation does a "testing" directory on Sourceforge have with the
continuity of a project? As for the "NEXT" directory, you clearly do not
understand the purpose of the "NEXT" spin, which is clearly explained on
the GeckoLinux website.

Usually I see no need to update all the GeckoLinux spins more frequently
than the Leap .x releases. The overall openSUSE ecosystem is so stable and
`zypper dup` is intelligent enough to make upgrading even a year-old ISO
installation a piece of cake. Any rolling release user will run `zypper
dup` anyway as soon as the system is installed.
Could we please have this discussion apart from this thread. Mind, I'm
completely OK with having it, but we're getting off-topic this way. Me too.

--
Gertjan Lettink a.k.a. Knurpht
openSUSE Board Member