On 03/06/2019 13.53, Patrick Shanahan wrote:
* Richard Brown <> [06-03-19 04:38]:
[...]
Do you think openSUSE should change it's name?

I do not.

I really was upset when it was changed from SuSE and again SUSE, but
understand the need to move to openSUSE. I believe the effort needed to
resolve all the necessary issues is much better expended on further
development of our distribution. and Leap and Tumbleweed should remain
distinctive sub "brand" names for openSUSE.

and for writing, one should never change a proper name, it is "openSUSE",
whether at the beginning, middle or end of a sentence or standing alone.
and that should stand for *any* language or alphabet.

LibreOffice (for example) changes it automatically to OpenSUSE. No one
has been able to convince upstream to change this behaviour.

Thunderbird says the above OpenSUSE is not correct, but does not offer
openSUSE as the correct one, despite being in the dictionary in the
correct form.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.