Re: [opensuse-project] openSUSE Board Meeting minutes 2019-04-16
Hi,

oSC 2020 Conference
There is a sound proposal from a team in Albania who organized already other
openSource meetings like LibreOffice conference. The community is young and
motivated in Albania.
Ideally we have new location decided by September.

This sounds great, begone duopoly of Prague and Nuremberg :D

openSUSE Conference & sponsorships (Doug)
Doug reported on the ongoing preparation of openSUSE Conference 2019 in
Nürnberg. As we are not a legal entity it is difficult to collect sponsor
money. Doug working on a workaround
Shirts and Bags are about to be ordered

Doug has raised already the point that at least a separate Account would be
beneficial for the collection of donations

Board should narrow down the options on an organization and have an open
discussion during the public board meeting at oSC

Joining organization like SPI despite the x% charge? Still the issue that
there is basically nobody from openSUSE to sign a contragt with SPI - it would
be SUSE management

Foundation model
A foundation (like the LibreOffice/Document foundation) needs at least 50k€ to
start-up, e.V. does not need this amount of money. Both models require a legal
registration, changes to statutes require court approval, basic settings, like
being a non-profit organization may even not be changed at all
LibreOffice/Document foundation started just from donations, and collected
this 50k in a short amount of time.
Discussion is ongoing, but looks like the e.V. is more empowering to the
community.
We will try to invite an insider from Document foundation for next meeting to
learn about pros/cons of foundation model

I'm glad to see discussions increasing in size every week, just like the
previous board, this one doesn't seem to want to disappoint :P

IRC/Discord/Telegram/Matrix/Chat structures
Most services are interfaced between each other in between (e.g. project
channel on discord and IRC).
Different types of users are preferring different channels - in general the
bridging of different chat technologies was accepted by the community
Some more volunteers are needed as IRC admins. Simon to raise call on openSUSE
News

If you are an op in an Freenode IRC channel, and want to bridge with other
communication platforms, please familiarize yourself with [1] if your channel
has the +r flag set, and send me your irc nickname, channel name, and make sure
you are currently labeled as op, not just +o (although +O is enough).

If you are an admin of a Telegram group, and want to bridge with other
communication platforms, please follow steps 1 and 2 in [2] and send me the id
and the group name over email.

As for the rest, Discord and Matrix are 100% bridged already, and we have not
had any requests regarding Slack/XMPP bridges.

If you wish to discuss the bridges, I'm on IRC (lcp), Matrix (@hellcp:matrix.org)
and Discord (@LCP#0968) daily, even during the weekends.

Proposal/decision for writing minutes
Christian initiated the proposal: We should go round robin, with one
exception: Those who did not send out minutes in time has to write next
minutes. Accepted by all particiants

The best change of the current board yet ;)

Meeting ended at 2330 CEST

For the minutes: Axel

[1] https://github.com/matrix-org/matrix-appservice-irc/wiki/End-user-FAQ#i-am-a-chanop-and-have-a-spam-problem-how-can-i-fix-it-without-affecting-matrix-users
[2] https://t2bot.io/telegram/