Re: [opensuse-project] 2019-04-02 board meeting minutes
Le 19/04/2019 à 14:34, Klaas Freitag a écrit :

in the base since years. So why not joining the big community of people
doing deb based base systems

will this change anything? are rpm so different from deb? Is the reason to have both rpm & deb other than historical? may be making a better "alien" could make the job?

Ok. Is there a public statement from SUSE about that? It's cool that
somebody from SUSE told the board something, but how valuable is that in
the moment where SUSE is changing owner again? That is why I think the
board should try to get SUSE to make public statements about these things.

I didn't follow the subject closely, but is now SUSE an independent company?

Some ideas:

* There are approximately 3 strong players in (distro) linux professional: Red Hat, Canonical and SUSE. It's a fairly small amount for a growing customer base, not sure grouping them would be a good idea (for the owner)

* I see from time to time flame wars that make me feel it wont be so easy for any Big Brother to fire a distro without breaking the hole open source ecosystem, that is openSUSE is a good umbrella for SUSE to attract free developers and customers

* The final judge is the fun people find in working for a free distro, else they would do it for money.

I see an openSUSE foundation as a way to make this fun bigger, to make openSUSE people happier, still in strong commitment with SUSE and of course as a way to attract third party sponsors.

https://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-foundation/

jdd

--
http://dodin.org