Re: [opensuse-project] 2019-04-02 board meeting minutes
Le mercredi 17 avril 2019 à 22:13 +0200, Christian Boltz a écrit :
== Foundation/Independence ==

* we need to decide which way (e.V., joining an umbrella foundation)
makes sense - topic for the face to face meeting, feedback on
opensuse-project@ is of course welcome
* Simon will write up a summary of the options of umbrella
foundations
* in general feedback from SUSE about becoming independent is
positive,
but we've also heard a concern that independence could be driven by
fundamental things, not practical reasons
* if ever needed, we could ignore whatever SUSE does and go our own
way
* a foundation / independence would make legal stuff like GDPR our
business

Would going under an umbrella organization no help us to cope with the
GDPR issue ?

* Simon will talk to Ciaran how we could handle GDPR and other
legal stuff

I guess people at the Software Freedom Law Center (https://www.softwaref
reedom.org/) may help regarding legal stuff too.

== mail hosting using mailbox.org ==

We have an offer from Heinlein / mailbox org to make @opensuse.org
mail
addresses real mailboxes.

Do our members want this? (Feedback on opensuse-project and @oSC
welcome)

Thanks to mailbox.org.
I would find it handy to have a dedicated real mailbox for my
opensuse.org mail address.

--
Sébastien 'sogal' Poher <sogal@xxxxxxxxxxxx>