[opensuse-project] 2019-04-02 board meeting minutes
Hello,

here are the meeting minutes of the 2019-04-02 board meeting.
If you prefer the wiki formatting, you can also read them on
https://en.opensuse.org/Archive:Board_meeting_2019-04-02

There are some items with a "feedback welcome" - if you want to comment
on them (or the other things), feel free to answer here or to board@

== Foundation/Independence ==

* we need to decide which way (e.V., joining an umbrella foundation)
makes sense - topic for the face to face meeting, feedback on
opensuse-project@ is of course welcome
* Simon will write up a summary of the options of umbrella foundations
* in general feedback from SUSE about becoming independent is positive,
but we've also heard a concern that independence could be driven by
fundamental things, not practical reasons
* if ever needed, we could ignore whatever SUSE does and go our own way
* a foundation / independence would make legal stuff like GDPR our
business
* Simon will talk to Ciaran how we could handle GDPR and other legal
stuff

== mail hosting using mailbox.org ==

We have an offer from Heinlein / mailbox org to make @opensuse.org mail
addresses real mailboxes.

Do our members want this? (Feedback on opensuse-project and @oSC
welcome)

== GDPR request ==

openSUSE received a GDPR request which now gets handled by the
responsible people.

== Cloudfest in Rust ==

We've seen the discussion on the opensuse-project mailinglist why
openSUSE wasn't at Cloudfest.

* base requirement (as always) is to have volunteers
* commercial booth prices are insane, we'd have to find out if they
offer free community booths

Regards,

Christian Boltz
--
Es ist halt nur nicht eine einzige zentrale Filterdatei. Vorteil ist,
dass die Anwender ihre eigenen Scripte verwalten (und sich dabei in den