Re: [opensuse-project] technical solutions possible? (was: huge amount of SPAM on opensuse-connect)
Hi Carlos,

Am 01.03.19 um 10:43 schrieb Carlos E. R.:
I noticed today, without login, a user named "Jolie Ville Royal
Peninsula Hotel & Resort", but clicking produces nothing, so I suppose
he is banned. I login to check. Oh, it disappeared from the page.
Searching... yes, the user exists, but banned.

It is a pity the name still shows. What a name, what a cheek!

All we can do here is to change the name (I changed it to "spammer" now :-)),
but that's considerable more effort than
just clicking "ban", hit "enter" and be done.

Could we put creation of groups or polls by new users on moderation?
That would block most new spam. I guess that would mean modification of
the platform, coding, so better not touch it.

If connect is a platform that was developed for us, I find it amazing.

No, it's elgg https://elgg.org/, probably mostly standard with some
non-standard config, skin and maybe plugins.

But I really would not touch it anymore. I'll just keep an eye on new accounts
and ban them once they start spamming.
During office hours, their TTL is usually less than 30 minutes ;-), on non-work
days, I'll probably just look after it
once per day.
--
Stefan Seyfried