Re: [opensuse-project] openSUSE mini-summit @ LinuxFest NW
On Wed, 14 Feb 2018 14:58:37 -0800
Carl Symons <carlsymons@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello openSUSE community

You are invited to an openSUSE mini-summit on April 29, 2018 in
Bellingham, Washington, USA.

The mini-summit will be held in conjunction with LinuxFest Northwest
[1], the original grassroots FOSSfest, now in its 19th year. LFNW is
free to participate, thanks to generous sponsors and a long-time
relationship with Bellingham Technical College. It is low-key and
family-inclusive. LFNW will be packed with presentations and exhibits
on the latest FOSS technologies. It will feature well-known
contributors and projects in a casual environment.

Most of the time, the openSUSE Community works and interacts on-line
by email, chat, forums and mailing lists. The openSUSE mini-summit is
a way to get together in person in order to meet people, ask and
answer questions, and build strong social connections. It is a
community gathering to discuss ideas and work on projects that
benefit openSUSE: its users, its contributors, and its standing as a
premier Linux distribution.

The openSUSE mini-summit@LFNW is listed at events.opensuse.org (oSMS).
But there's no content yet. The organizers have some ideas; we want
yours.

What are your suggestions for the openSUSE mini-summit?

Carl Symons
on behalf of:
James Mason, SUSE Senior Software Engineer/LFNW organizer
Doug DeMaio, everything openSUSE

[1] linuxfestnorthwest.org

Hello Carl,

Good luck with the program. As I have left the Seattle area, I will not
be able to join, but want the larger openSUSE community to know this is
a great event and the LFNW folks are *very* openSUSE friendly.

Best wishes,

Peter