Re: [opensuse-project] openSUSE Leap's Next Major Version Number
  • From: Jan Ritzerfeld <suse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2017 22:53:19 +0200
Am Samstag, 22. April 2017, 13:37:48 CEST schrieb Richard Brown:
[...]
openSUSE Leap 15
[...]
SUSE have decided that their next version of SLE will be 15, not 13.
[...]
45 was also considered, as were some frankly hilarious ideas that made
me worry about my own sanity and that of my fellow contributors.

What exactly is so bad about openSUSE Leap 45? Reminds me of 45 rpm. :)

[...]
Packagers should be able to look forward to an easier time of things
as a result of this change. We intend to deprecate the
0%{leap_version} macro and simplify the current complex nest of
suse_version and sle_versions that can make it very frustrating to
build packages appropriately for Tumbleweed, Leap and SLE.
[...]

Cool! I like the idea.

Gruß
Jan