Re: [opensuse-project] openSUSE Board Face-to-Face Meeting 2016 Minutes - Part 2/3
  • From: Cornelius Schumacher <cschum@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2016 17:55:49 +0100
On Montag, 21. März 2016 09:37:29 CET Richard Brown wrote:
On 21 March 2016 at 09:29, Cornelius Schumacher <cschum@xxxxxxx> wrote:

How are you going to handle reports of the treasurer to the membership?

That's an open question. Given the nature of the funding of the
openSUSE Project we are often not in a position to provide full
detailed reports in public, but of course we want to make sure
everyone knows the benefits we reap from the wonderful help of our
sponsors.

It's clear that some data can't be shared in detail, e.g. because of privacy
reasons. In non-profit organizations it usually is an obligation to share at
least higher level financial data with their members, because that's who the
board and other elected people are accountable to. If we introduce mechanisms
which resemble a non-profit organization such as a treasurer, I think it would
be a good idea to also adopt the corresponding practices in terms of
accountability and transparency.

--
Cornelius Schumacher <cschum@xxxxxxx>