Re: [opensuse-project] openSUSE Board Face-to-Face Meeting 2016 Minutes - Part 2/3
  • From: Richard Brown <RBrownCCB@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2016 09:37:29 +0100
On 21 March 2016 at 09:29, Cornelius Schumacher <cschum@xxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sunday 20 March 2016 13:46:47 Richard Brown wrote:
openSUSE Face to Face Board Meeting 2016 Minutes 18th-20th March

Thanks for the detailed reports. Much appreciated.

== Copyright ==
Copyright requests often get lost of spam, hoping the proposed new
@opensuse mail system will be better with spam
T-systems requested permission to use openSUSE on their new Open
Telekon Cloud - Approved
AI: Richard to review/tune up filtering in current system so copyright
requests don't get lost.

What kind of copyright requests is this about? Or is this about requests for
using the trademark?

Requests to use the trademark, correct.

== Treasurer ==
Board wants to reduce it's time spent worrying about money,
sponsorship, and TSP related matters. The Board's role is meant to be
more focused on the actual immediate and long term issues impacting
the Project as a whole, and the details of money matters is quite
often a distraction from these.
The board agreed to create a openSUSE position called Treasurer.
They will be a non-voting board member appointed by the Board.
Responsibilities of the Treasurer:
Money
Sponsorships
Event
Merchandising materials
TSP
Treasurer must provide regular reports to the Board and thus is
expected to attend all Board meetings where the above responsibilities
are discussed

How are you going to handle reports of the treasurer to the membership?

That's an open question. Given the nature of the funding of the
openSUSE Project we are often not in a position to provide full
detailed reports in public, but of course we want to make sure
everyone knows the benefits we reap from the wonderful help of our
sponsors.