Re: [opensuse-project] openSUSE Board Face-to-Face Meeting 2016 Minutes - Part 3/3
Hello,

Am Sonntag, 20. März 2016, 15:53:50 CET schrieb Richard Brown:
On 20 March 2016 at 15:33, Christian Boltz <opensuse@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Am Sonntag, 20. März 2016, 14:46:34 CET schrieb Richard Brown:
- Wiki:
1) In order to fix the wiki quickly ,the board approved the
idea of deploying the latest version of mediawiki on a new server
without branding
2) branding can always be redone later

Installing two extensions to prevent and get rid of the spam should
be easily possible with our old mediawiki version. The trick is to
use the 1.22 branch of the extensions instead of master (which is
for the latest mediawiki version).

That said - give me SSH access [1], and I can do it ;-)

Updating to the latest mediawiki is a good idea nevertheless, but it
might bring one or two surprises. Let's first fix the spam problem
before we open that can of worms ;-)

We can't give you ssh access while the machine is in Provo

We are unlikely to setup a machine somewhere where you can SSH into it
with an old version of everything

So the can of worms is opening partially in order to help make it
partially your can of worms in the future ;)

OK, that explains why you proposed a new machine with the latest
mediawiki version ;-)

May I propose a another way to get the wiki fixed quickly?

Is https://github.com/openSUSE/wiki is up to date? (I'm not sure about
that, at least the attemps to install the Nuke extension never appeared
there.)

If it is, I can send a pull request with the extensions added (and
assume we can get that deployed to stage and then production quickly).

That way means I won't be able to test what I'm doing, but I think I
know mediawiki good enough to get it right nevertheless ;-)

Regards,

Christian Boltz
--
If something is red you should always worry. That's way it is red.
[Thorsten Kukuk]