Re: [opensuse-project] openSUSE Members retirement
  • From: Chuck Payne <terrorpup@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2016 09:15:56 -0400
On Sun, Mar 20, 2016 at 9:08 AM, Richard Brown <RBrownCCB@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Christian,

On 20 March 2016 at 14:03, Christian Boltz <opensuse@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
That makes it less likely that people actually use their
@opensuse.org mail address because "it could go away". That also means
less "advertising" for openSUSE.

I'd propose to keep the mail address even for retired members (unless
someone actively asks to drop it, or it starts bouncing mails).

I understand where you are coming from, but with the planned approach
being implemented with the philosophy of "you are a member as long as
you want to be one" then members only have to worry about the address
"going away" if they no longer want to be a member

I don't think it's too much to ask that people maintain an interest in
the openSUSE Project if they are going to represent us with an
@opensuse.org email address

Guys,

What if you are active, but no in the irc channel or do much on
mailing? Like me? I am helping with the stuff on Facebook and other
actives. Yes, I did vote.

--
Terror PUP a.k.a
Chuck "PUP" Payne