Re: [opensuse-project] Leap: Graphic design
  • From: Greg Freemyer <greg.freemyer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2015 14:19:49 -0400
On Mon, Jul 27, 2015 at 12:19 PM, Jay <MyMailClone@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
In my experience it takes time to develop a good graphic design
(here: log-in screen / default wallpaper).

So just in case this has not been done already, briefing the designers now
would not be wrong. There's enough information available now to give them an
idea of what Leap is about.

That way they would have enough time to come up with a good draft.

And a better one if the first one goes up in flames. ;)

Rainer Fiebig

There is a graphic design team for openSUSE.

https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Art_team

===
My initial brainstorm idea is to show someone leaping from 13.2 to 42.1

Maybe 13.2 would be represented by a collection of boulders. Possibly
42.1 would be represented by something like:

http://climb-utah.com/Moab/Files/delicate01.jpg (From
http://climb-utah.com/Moab/delicate.htm)

Notice the solid stone base with an arch above it. At the top of the
arch it appears to have a very stable landing place.

One could overlay "SLES 12" on top of the solid rock base, and
"Tumbleweed" over the arch. The end result is a stable place to land.
===

In my mind there are tons of interesting ways to represent Leap.

Greg