Re: [opensuse-project] Leap: Graphic design
  • From: Jay <MyMailClone@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2015 20:19:13 +0200
Am Montag, 27. Juli 2015, 10:23:28 schrieb Andres Betts:
On July 27, 2015 at 10:18:54 AM, Jay (mymailclone@t-
online.de(mailto:mymailclone@xxxxxxxxxxx)) wrote:
In my experience it takes time to develop a good graphic design
(here: log-in screen / default wallpaper).

So just in case this has not been done already, briefing the designers now
would not be wrong. There's enough information available now to give them
an idea of what Leap is about.

That way they would have enough time to come up with a good draft.

And a better one if the first one goes up in flames. ;)

Rainer Fiebig

I wonder if this is really necessary. We have a few flavors of openSUSE
around already and changing the wallpaper is a good idea, however, I don’t
know that we I (just myself) could commit to changing it constantly. A good
wallpaper takes time. I vote for just keeping the same wallpaper across or
choosing a different one that is already included with KDE or Gnome.

I personally think that only doing wallpapers is really not beneficial and
it is a weak effort that does not build a strong brand. By that I mean that
the effort to change a wallpaper should generally be accompanied by other
brand elements that could show throughout the distribution, but we don’t
have the manpower or dev willingness to work on that.

Again, let’s probably keep the choices made for one distribution across all
the others.

Andy (anditosan)

The more I think about it, the more I'm disappointed by your reaction.

In the real world ANY graphic designer or advertising agency would CRAVE
to get the contract! Because they'd immediately recognize the significance
of it.

To help you see it, too:
http://news.softpedia.com/news/opensuse-leap-42-is-a-new-version-that-will-change-the-opensuse-project-486229.shtml

Think about it.