Re: [opensuse-project] openSUSE and Gmane
  • From: PatrickD Garvey <patrickdgarveyt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2015 10:37:23 -0700
On Mon, Jul 27, 2015 at 3:41 AM, Henne Vogelsang <hvogel@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hey,

On 27.07.2015 02:25, PatrickD Garvey wrote:

What is the openSUSE policy with regard to Gmane.com?

There is none.

Does openSUSE.org automatically subscribe Gmane.com to a new mailing list?

Nope

Does openSUSE.org provide archive files for storage on Gmane.com?

We provide mbox files to download on http://lists.opensuse.org/

Henne

First, I'm going to assume that you, Henne, are speaking with some
level of authority and responsibility with regard to the openSUSE
lists. Is that a fair deduction from other postings of yours regarding
the mailing lists I have read?

Then, is it acceptable for me to subscribe all the existing openSUSE
lists to Gmane and follow the directions on
http://Gmane.org/import.php to have Lars import each of the openSUSE
archives? There are a few of the lists already subscribed and
archived, but not all.