Re: [opensuse-project] Re: Leap 42.1: Positioning / USP
On Saturday, July 18, 2015 12:03:45 PM Jay wrote:
Am Samstag, 18. Juli 2015, 03:14:22 schrieb Jim Henderson:
On Sat, 18 Jul 2015 01:00:17 +0200, Jay wrote:
That it might. The trick with "up-to-date" (or whatever synonym is
used)
is that it needs to be clear that while it's got current software, it's
not necessarily "bleeding-edge" current software.

True. The right wording is important. But there would be accompanying
info. And I think those seeking bleeding-edge-experience don't belong to
the target group. So disappointing one ore two of them wouldn't be so
bad.

Agreed. But it helps us to make sure the wording limits the field of
disappointed users to a handful rather than a segment who thought that
"up-to-date" meant "bleeding edge". I'm guessing you won't disagree with
that. :)

No. I mean: yes - I won't disagree. ;)

Rainer Fiebig

After reading the thread I have been tempted to forge a word: Commuterprise=
Community + Enterprise.

That written, I only thought of openSUSE Leap 42.1: The Commuterprise Release
to give tools for adventurous spirits and healing the business needs.

:-)

Regards,