[opensuse-project] Re: Leap 42.1: Positioning / USP
  • From: Jim Henderson <hendersj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2015 17:37:37 +0000 (UTC)
On Fri, 17 Jul 2015 17:44:36 +0200, jdd wrote:

"The Best of Both Worlds", which isn't just the title of my favourite
Star Trek TNG double-bill, but a good descriptor of what Leap brings to
the table that no other distribution has

but what worlds? windows and apple?

"With goals of being up-to-date and reliable, openSUSE Leap 42.1 brings
the best of both worlds."

Though I don't know how well "up-to-date" translates; it would be better
to have a single word rather than a hyphenated phrase to describe the
idea.

But by talking early on in building "brand recognition" for Leap and
tying the name to the ideas of having current software and being
reliable, eventually you should be able to talk just about the "best of
both worlds" and have people generally know that that's what you mean.

But without that, I agree with jdd here - that if you specify just "The
best of both worlds", you might make people think that you were talking
about, for example, the Linux and Windows worlds coming together.

Jim

--
Jim Henderson