Re: Desktop Users don't contribute - My response Re: [opensuse-project] Don't search developers. Develop them. Events, events everywhere
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 May 2015 20:18:58 +0200
Jan Engelhardt wrote:

On Wednesday 2015-05-13 13:44, Akash Vishwakarma wrote:
On Tue, May 12, 2015 at 10:19 PM, Guido Berhoerster
<gber@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
* jdd <jdd@xxxxxxxxx> [2015-05-12 18:38]:

but let me ask to be practical: I began an other thread about
"asking members for help". Are you a member?

You do not have to be a member to contribute, in fact it's
supposed to be the other way around, you contribute and then
eventually become a member.

That's why I have still not applied for membership. I want to
contribute first (currently I'm contributing at openFATE), to figure
out where I fit the best. Then after that I'm going to apply for
membership.

And after you have contributed years to openSUSE like me,
you will notice that not having registered on connect.opensuse.org
will not have been a loss.

I have little time for social networks. This one is even slightly
buggy:

WARNING: Deprecated in 1.7: get_entities_from_relationship() was
deprecated by elgg_get_entities_from_relationship()! (Called
from
/srv/www/vhosts/opensuse.org/elgg/htdocs/mod/theme_bento/views/default/groups/groupprofile.php:40)

I spend much more time contributing at http://bugzilla.opensuse.org :-)

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (26.4°C)