Re: Desktop Users don't contribute - My response Re: [opensuse-project] Don't search developers. Develop them. Events, events everywhere
  • From: Robert Martens <martenrt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 May 2015 09:23:51 -0500
I just watched the oSC15 presentation about the admin infrastructure
of openSUSE ... really impressive stuff. As a sysadmin, I like seeing
what other groups are using.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cp5vAaTI3wQ&index=29&list=WL

Also, let is always be said, thanks to everyone who volunteers their
time to contribute to the project. Simply amazing work you guys are
doing.

However, one slide had a listing of all of the different software
being used, and it would be great to have two things:

1) a place listing all of the different sites/offerings currently an
official part of the openSUSE Project
2) maybe work on looking at everything that is available and
consolidating it down to fewer platforms to maintain (not sure if this
is possible, I truly haven't put any thought into it)

Eliminating confusion would be one aspect, I would think, of driving
people to working as a part of the community.

Also possible ... I'm nuts and you can ignore everything I just wrote.