Re: [opensuse-project] Don't search developers. Develop them. Events, events everywhere
On Mon, May 11, 2015 at 9:19 AM, Robert Schweikert <rjschwei@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
* it'll have outdated hardware support compared to any mainstream
distro

This would most likely apply only to plugin stuff or consumer grade
HW. On the server side SLE kernels enable a lot of hardware along the
way. Thus this argument has to be considered from both viewpoints.
However, as I have stated elsewhere I am very concerned about the
enablement of drivers that are not of interest to the enterprise team
and how we would get those backported.

There is both SLES and SLED.

Does that practically mean that a wider set of hardware enablement is
backported than it would if there were only SLES?

Greg

--
Greg Freemyer