Re: [opensuse-project] Don't search developers. Develop them. Events, events everywhere
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 May 2015 13:53:17 +0200
Stephan Kulow wrote:

On 11.05.2015 13:18, Per Jessen wrote:
Henne Vogelsang wrote:

Hey,

On 07.05.2015 10:23, Richard Brown wrote:

but when we look around and call for volunteers to actually
help, like we did for the 13.2 release process, or oSC 15,
we're very lucky if we get anyone helping at all

That's the point I was trying to inspire a discussion about. I
think we need to think very hard and with a very open mind about
what this means.

What are the reasons that people don't answer our calls for
help?

I think the calls for help are too broad or too loose for people to
feel attracted/inclined. Just a hunch. Personally, I see no
problem in dedicating a few hours a week to the "13.x release
process", but I need a todo-list from which I can pick the top item
and then work it for e.g. an hour or so.

Like https://progress.opensuse.org/projects/opensuse-13-2-release ?

There isn't much listed at the moment, when I log in I get a list of
four tickets opened by myself. I clicked a few links and got a list of
issues (all resolved/closed) - looks like that sort of tool, yes.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (21.9°C)