Re: [opensuse-project] Don't search developers. Develop them. Events, events everywhere
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 May 2015 13:18:04 +0200
Henne Vogelsang wrote:

Hey,

On 07.05.2015 10:23, Richard Brown wrote:

but when we look around and call for volunteers to actually
help, like we did for the 13.2 release process, or oSC 15, we're very
lucky if we get anyone helping at all

That's the point I was trying to inspire a discussion about. I think
we need to think very hard and with a very open mind about what this
means.

What are the reasons that people don't answer our calls for help?

I think the calls for help are too broad or too loose for people to feel
attracted/inclined. Just a hunch. Personally, I see no problem in
dedicating a few hours a week to the "13.x release process", but I need
a todo-list from which I can pick the top item and then work it for
e.g. an hour or so.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (20.9°C)