Re: [opensuse-project] Don't search developers. Develop them. Events, events everywhere
Søndag den 10. maj 2015 11:40:18 skrev jdd:
Le 10/05/2015 11:26, Martin Schlander a écrit :
Those users tend to have an extremely consumeristic approach and won't
ever
contribute a damn thing.

may be we don't work enough in that direction :-)

Like I said, Debian, Evergreen etc. already tried that.

Tumbleweed will never be an option, no matter how good it becomes, it will
still be rolling. Hence I will not use it and I can barely recommend it to
anyone.

why not? It seems for me, but I'm pretty exterior of it that tumbleweed
is more tested than some very appreciated openSUSE regular release of
the past...

Even if we assumed for the sake of argument that Tumbleweed never had any
bugs, it is still more annoying adapting to intentionally changed behaviour in
Tumbleweed on a daily basis when you're trying to get things done, than it is
to find a workaround for an unintended bug in stable openSUSE once every 9-12
months.

If you're motivated to use openSUSE because "I want a Linux
distribution that just works", then please, help us with this new
Regular Release, in order to make it perfect for you use cases.

Well, if you're going to sell this idea, you need to show me how it'll be
significantly different than Debian Stable (apart from having a few great
tools like yast, zypper, obs of course ;-).

why should it be different?

Because if it's not different, it will achieve the same results.

Creating a marginally better Debian Stable, with a lot fewer packages, won't
get us anywhere.